Here’s what he did:
- Chose the top two leading brands of flea control (xxxxxxx vs yyyyyyy for you pet-owners). As it happens, they are quite different. So, our protagonist…
- He created an informed and thoughtful website about just that topic: xxxxxxx vs yyyyyyy
- He put the website on a domain named… can you guess? xxxxxxx- vs- yyyyyyy .org
- On his website, at the end of a very informative article, he funnels you into a choice between the two products, and..
- Links you to some inexpensive sources.
These links are probably affiliate links – meaning he might be getting a commission on a sale that comes from his website. Honestly, I don’t know. But the point is that he could be making a small passive income from helping consumers decide on these two competing products, and making money no matter what people decide!
It’s brilliant. I’m not fully a committed capitalist, to tell the truth, but I admire his spirit. And if you think it’s “cheeky” of him, remember this: Either of these products is a good choice. Our dog-friends are certainly better off when their people make an informed choice about this stuff.